One of the great advantages of mobile technology is that it allows us advantages at all times, even when we are driving or are companions in the car, the mobile is the multimedia, GPS or communication control center. Hand in hand with Android Auto we can make Android mobiles and in this case more specifically Samsung terminals enjoy the connection and configuration function to the car.
We will not need to install any application, because Android Auto already comes by default on installed Android phones, although something hidden within the One UI options on Samsung terminals. Once we do the steps that we indicate, the following connections will be much easier and we will not have to be so pleased to get into our smartest car and travel kilometers.
How to access Android Auto in One UI
It does not matter which Samsung mobile we have between the different models or ranges, as long as it has One UI as a personalization layer in its different versions, the connection of our Samsung mobile to the car will be done as follows. In addition, we can try to skip these steps that differ from other Android phones, which requires nothing more than to connect our mobile to the car via USB and look at what appears on the car screen. You will have to complete the connection and then on the mobile, do the following:
- We access the mobile settings.
- We scroll through the menu until we find and access «Advanced functions».
- Then we choose “Android Auto”.
- Now we will be inside the configuration menu developed by Google and shared with the rest of Android phones.
The two ways to connect the mobile to the car
Once we have reached the Android Auto configuration screen, we have at our disposal the blue button where it says “Connect a car” which will allow us to start the connection with the two available modes. Previously, only the highest-end terminals from Samsung and other manufacturers were able to use the wireless connection to Android Auto, but since Android 11 and One UI 3, any Android mobile has this function as long as the car is compatible.
We can choose to connect the mobile via cable, something that requires nothing more than to use the output of our mobile phone and that of the car to connect them when we click on the “Connect a car” button. On the mobile and car screen, it will ask us for the pairing configuration and it will be necessary for us to give access to the contacts, such as the phone to be able to access everything without problems or limitations.
If, on the other hand, we have a car compatible with wireless Android Auto, the method is different, which are usually also of a higher range, but now they have reached practically all brands. To be sure that our car has the Android Auto wireless function, it is not enough to have a Bluetooth connection, but the manufacturer must specify it. To make this connection, we will also enter “Connect a car” and then touch at the bottom on “Connect to Android Auto wirelessly” and then go to “Connect via Bluetooth”. Finally, we choose “Pair car” and with the vehicles engine running we will have to locate its name among the Bluetooth devices around us. After selecting it and giving all the permissions, our mobile will be linked to the car and every time we enter the car with Bluetooth on, Android Auto will start up.
Android Auto settings in full
Once the mobile has been linked to the car, we can choose and adapt its options from the smartphone itself. Again in Samsung from Settings> Advanced functions> Android Auto, we will find different sections among which is General, Notifications and System. In each of them there are a series of options that allow us to choose our preferences on the mobile when connecting to the car. We can do this when it is already linked or when it is not, since all this will be synchronized instantly.
Most of its options are activation or deactivation, not allowing you to do anything else with them, but nevertheless they are very useful and we will explain what they consist of:
- Resume multimedia content automatically: the moment our car stops, the music pauses and when we get back on at night and Android Auto starts up, the music will continue where it left off.
- Weather: the option that shows us the weather in the current location on the Android Auto main screen.
- View received messages: the ability to read the first line of messages received via SMS, Telegram or WhatsApp when the car stops, for example at traffic lights or when parking.
- Show group message notifications: allows you to receive an alert on the screen of a new contract message, but without being able to read it since it appears while driving.
- Silent notifications: we will receive alerts in messages, but without any type of alert.
- Android Auto wirelessly: allows you to use Android Auto or, on the contrary, if our car does not have it, it is convenient to deactivate it.
- Google Analytics: a Google data collection system that receives bugs and problems in the use of Android Auto to improve them.
- The rest of the options that appear in Android Auto are those that offer us more variety of possibilities and especially customization. Among them, one of those that we cannot ignore is to customize the app menu. From here we can mark, unmark and order everything that we are going to see on the car screen when using Android Auto. If we need it, we can also add to the screen a quick access to call a contact and even to carry out an action with the Google assistant.
· Problem connecting my Samsung mobile and the car
- On other occasions we find a variety of problems, but in this case the Samsung and Android Auto phones only provide a fault that can give many headaches. If your car does not have wireless Android Auto and yes or yes you have to use it via cable, you could find that the car does not recognize the mobile and Android Auto does not work. This can happen to us the first day to configure it or later and the main reason is in the connection cable that we are using.
Not all cables allow data transfer and it is very important for this driving system to work between Samsung and our car. Therefore, we invite you to change the cable and, if possible, use the original cable that comes with your Samsung mobile. Once it is verified that it works, you will have to get another similar cable and with the ability to transfer data so that this problem does not return to leave you without your driving assistant.