If there is a phone that has caught the attention of the new ones that have arrived this year, it is the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G. We have verified the quality it offers when taking photos and we will tell you the experience of use that we have obtained when using it in all kinds of situations and conditions.
Being a folding smartphone has certain conditions that can make you doubt that the quality when recording videos and taking photos corresponds to what is expected from a high-end terminal. But the truth is that the hardware built into this device is good enough to think positive when you hold it in your hands. This is what it offers:
- 12 MP main camera with focal aperture of F: 1.8, 26 mm, 1.8 µm, PDAF, OIS and Dual Pixel
- 12 MP telephoto camera with F / 2.4 aperture, 1.0 µm, PDAF, OIS and 2X optical zoom
- 12 MP wide-angle camera with a focal length of F / 2.2 and 123 degrees
- 10 MP Selfie camera with focal aperture of F / 2.2 and 1.22 µm (secondary 4 MP with focal aperture of F / 1.8 and 2.0 µm)
- At first, the set of sensors shows quite wide versatility and has advanced technologies such as Dual Pixel and OIS. We have been struck by how well integrated the camera is in the phone and that it has enough elements to be able to use it regardless of whether or not the lid is closed. In addition, the new unit that is located under the screen(the aforementioned 4 MP) is most striking, which, although it is a success, surely that in the following generations the way in which it works will be optimized. and the integration in the device -which makes it have certain reservations-.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G responds in quality
- As it cannot be otherwise, in general, the quality that is achieved when taking photos with this phone is quite good(especially the one that depends a lot on the main sensor). The colors are quite realistic without having strange tendencies and if there is something that stands out in particular it is a quite remarkable absence of noise. This is especially due to a really important improvement in image processing – always compared to the previous model in this product range.
With good sharpness, the work done by software does not result in a paste-over of the photos, something that is sometimes present in some models that abuse this option. It is true that in complex situations there are times when there is some confusion in the representations, something that can lead to unwanted effects when viewing them. Without too wide an over-position, we really liked how well everything is detected with Artificial Intelligence and that the usual good work of Samsung high-end devices with HDR is maintained. More results: angular, night, etc.
When taking wide-angle photos, where one of the additional sensors included in the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G is specifically used, it must be said that the results obtained are convincing, since no sharpness is lost or noise is added. It is true that on the left and right edges there is a certain discrepancy when displaying the resulting image. But, this, we do not think it is anything dramatic. Curiously, here we do detect some overexposure when taking photos.
The photos with conditions have seemed really good to us, and this is so both in the speed and in the improvement that occurs when using the already common Night Mode that is included in mobile phones. The gain that is achieved does not cause a very important quality to be lost in the definition, and there are not excessive problems with the lights of elements such as streetlights or those of cars. Therefore, we were quite satisfied using the folding phone in these conditions. When zooming when taking photos with the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, we have to say that the behavior in general is good … but it does not reach the levels of the best models you can find on the market. What does this mean? Well, you will get consistent photos even reaching 5X (the optimum is 2X, it must be said), increase the zoom and lower the quality of the photos quite clearly both in the noise that appears and in the definition.
Quality of the videos of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
If there is something that stands out for the phone that we have tested in this section, it is because of the excellent stabilization that each and every one of the recordings we have made has, regardless of the resolution used (and 4K must be put into the bag). It is also worth noting the good behavior with slow motion, something that has become a widely used option by users. This is an example of what you can achieve with this terminal:
When it comes to usability, it must be said that when the screen is fully open, recording is not particularly comfortable, but if you close the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G it changes the story quite significantly and thanks to the screen integrated into the part front you have a really important control of everything you do. Without problems in autofocus and much less in light management, the truth is that we think this is a very competent phone when recording and the results can be used even quite professionally on platforms such as YouTube.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G camera view
In general, we have been quite satisfied when taking photos with this phone, since sharpness is the norm, as well as a good representation of colors. It is true that in some situations it suffers a bit, such as when the white balance is complex, but we believe that you are going to obtain photographs of very good quality in general and therefore we believe that a good evolutionary leap has been made in this new generation of the folding phone from the Korean company.
With an application that responds wonderfully because it is very simple to use, as it includes a large number of options, we must also highlight the great stabilization offered by the results when recording videos, as well as a fairly competent selfie in lines general (the sensor built into the camera is cool, but needs to be improved). In short, it seems to us that this Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G meets any expectation.