As you may have seen, in the last few days we are in charge of solving the most common faults that you may encounter when it comes time to release your new Xiaomi bracelet. We have already indicated how to take the first steps with the bracelet and how to receive WhatsApp notifications in the wearable. Now we will tell you why you are continuously losing synchronization between the Xiaomi Mi Band and the mobile.
All those who have bought the bracelet these days, either in the company’s official store, in another distributor, or taking advantage of the sales on the device, surely, they have never had another wearable device of the brand in their hands, never better. That is why, even if they are “newbies” with the device, their problems can be easily solved, since the same thing usually happens as in previous generations of the device.
The main problem that users often complain about is that, but avoiding it is so simple that Xiaomi’s own app, Mi Fit, offers different alternatives.
Is it a problem with the phone, not the bracelet?
At this point it is appropriate to check if the problem is with the smartphone or the Xiaomi device. If you can connect any device via Bluetooth to the mobile except the bracelet, and the bracelet also does not connect with another mobile, it seems clear where the problem is. But it does work well with other mobiles except yours, the origin of the failure may not be in the mobile itself, but in My Fit.
Android and iOS compatibility
Of course, the first thing you should know before buying a bracelet is that it is only compatible with mobiles that work with the Google or iOS operating system. If you have a feature phone, forget it.
The technical specifications of the bracelet indicate that it can be synchronized with an iPhone that works with iOS from version 9.0. Something similar happens in Android, since the Mi Band is compatible with all mobile phones that have an Android version installed such as 4.4 KitKat or higher. You can check the version of your smartphone in the Settings / About device menu.
Mi Fit, the nerve center of the Mi Band
The brand’s device helps you track all your daily activities on your smartphone. All you need to do is pair your Mi Smart band with your phone and that is done through the Xiaomi Mi Fit app. After your mobile is paired with the Mi Smart Band, you will receive alerts and notifications of incoming calls, as well as record all sports activity. To synchronize both terminals, follow these steps:
- Download the Mi Fit application from the Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iPhone.
- Open the Mi Fit app.
- Grant the necessary permissions.
- Log into your Mi Fit account. If you don’t have an account, you can create a new account in Mi Fit by tapping the “create an account now” button.
- Now, you will see a screen in the app in which you must make the selection of the device you want to pair.
- Play in “band.”
- Now, confirm the pairing request on your Mi Band.
- Touch the V-shaped icon on the bracelet to confirm the pairing.
After having paired the bracelet with the phone, you must allow notification access from the mobile settings to receive real-time alerts. You can also enable or disable features like incoming call notifications from the settings menu of the Mi Fit app.
Avoid loss of synchronization between the Xiaomi Mi Band and the mobile
If you have synchronized it but the problem is that the bracelet suddenly disconnects from the mobile, there are a couple of things you can do. The “trick” to prevent the Xiaomi Mi Band from disconnecting from the phone is to enable the bracelet to run in the background. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the MI Fit app and wait for it to synchronize the data from the bracelet
- Click on profile, the icon hosted at the bottom of the screen, in the right corner
- In the “My devices” section Select “My Smart Band 4, 5, 6” or the model you have
- Among the different configuration options, access the “run in the background” menu
- Here we will be recommended the different actions to execute in the phone’s settings to prevent the app from closing when we lock the mobile, thus losing the synchronization between the phone and My Band. Click on the “Go to Settings” option to manually manage the start and launch of Mi Fit, leaving the options for Automatic start, Secondary start and Run in the background selected, as shown in the image.
· Other alternatives
- The app itself recommends other settings to prevent the Mi Fit app from closing regularly, which is why the fitness band is disconnected from the mobile.
- For example, from Android multitasking, you can block the Mi Fit app by sliding its screen down or up, depending on the customization layer installed on the mobile. This will make the app never close and always replicate the information on the bracelet.
The battery saving settings can also cause this desynchronization, so the most appropriate thing is to open the battery optimization settings on your mobile (this name may change depending on the operating system used) and activate the switch belonging to the Xiaomi app.
Format the bracelet
If your Mi Band keeps doing weird things, you may have to completely “clean” it and start from scratch. You can do it both from the device itself and from the phone.
- Reset Xiaomi Mi Band from the bracelet: Swipe up to the ‘More’ menu and, at the bottom, select ‘Settings’. On this screen, look for the ‘Factory reset’ options, confirm the operation and, once the bracelet turns off, synchronize it with the mobile again as we have said before.
- Reset Xiaomi Mi Band 4 from the application: Enter the Mi Fit application, touch your profile and then your paired Xiaomi Mi Band. Scroll down to the bottom and select “Unpair” and confirm the operation.